Thread: Full lunar eclipse tonight, Jan 20

The one upside of the bone-chilling temperatures we're having - clear skies tonight!

The blood moon will be the highlight of my 2019. Kinda remind me of a Spanish movie called Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Knights View Post
    The blood moon will be the highlight of my 2019. Kinda remind me of a Spanish movie called Veronica.
    The moon is spectacular here right now - a tiny sliver of brilliant white with the rest a dark red. Well worth freezing my face off.

My 8-year-old grandson is with us today and he is so excited. "This is the first red moon I've seen in my WHOLE life! Oh, and the first moon eclipse too. This is better than the sun eclipse."

JKJ

"This is the first red moon I've seen in my WHOLE life! Oh, and the first moon eclipse too. This is better than the sun eclipse."

Ah! Yes! Enthusiasm!! Yes! I remember it. John, he might enjoy a sun dial or noon mark. We have a meridian line on the
    kitchen ceiling and a small round mirror at the window. I never tire of observing mid day.

It was really nice, even in the "Burbs" with a lot of lights it really showed up well.