Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Frustrated with low angle plane

Thumbs up Thank you, my friends!!

I was travelling with limited time to personal internet access, so sorry for late answer...

I really appreciated your feedback and encouragement. The bottom line looks me I have to practice a lot more - a great reason to dedicate more to manual woodworking!

FYI I have two blades for that plane: one at 30 degrees and another at 78 degrees. The last one works fine as a "scrapper". I will buy something intermediate as per advice of several of you.

BTW today I had a grateful surprise: I had to flat just one surface of two irregular relatively small wood pieces. I was imagining a jig to use my Makita lunch box planer when occurred me why not to use manual tools. I simply put the pieces at my vise, one at a time, checked with two rules for their flatness (both were twisted) and voila, all was done in five minutes for both pieces just using my LN Jack plane. Yes, just five minutes including plane setup!

This time the pieces were some kind of Cedar and the finish was perfect. No tear out. I couldn't be happier!
    Last edited by Osvaldo Cristo; 01-29-2019 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Rephrase for better understanding
    All the best.

Osvaldo.