Thread: Working Offshore in South Louisiana

Working Offshore in South Louisiana

Just in case any of you are thinking of changing jobs:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18th century nut --- Carl

Blog Entries

Looks like fun.

Where can I sign up. I'd love to drive the boat! We troll for walleyes in weather like that here on Lake Erie!.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    Just in case any of you are thinking of changing jobs:

Carl, did you take those pic's ? Or were you on board ? Would you go back out ? Thanks but no thanks, I'll stay ashore, I did take a cruise (one day) on the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) on calm seas, loved it.

Thumbs up Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Hatfield
    Carl, did you take those pic's ? Or were you on board ? Would you go back out ? Thanks but no thanks, I'll stay ashore, I did take a cruise (one day) on the USS Enterprise (CVN 65) on calm seas, loved it.

Lets go Bob. You drive, I'll ride!!!!!!!!! Steve

Boat Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Lets go Bob. You drive, I'll ride!!!!!!!!! Steve

Steve there ain't no way you can get a saddle on that thing so that leaves me out.

Ahh Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Hatfield
    Steve there ain't no way you can get a saddle on that thing so that leaves me out.
    Lets go. I'd like to try it once. At least watch. [ I'd probably be puking up big time in five minutes or less though.] I do not take lots of motion to well,carnival rides, etc, so maybe I'd better not go too. lol
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Lets go. I'd like to try it once. At least watch. [ I'd probably be puking up big time in five minutes or less though.] I do not take lots of motion to well,carnival rides, etc, so maybe I'd better not go too. lol
    Steve
    Steve,
    I rode tincans when I was in the Navy...work subs now... who don't handle rough seas on the surface well. Even if you aren't the puk-er...being around 'em ain't fun.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Didn't Take the Pictures

Nor was I on a boat. I love the sea but like a white sail above. A little less motion would be good. These were taken Monday as Trop. Storm Bill went by. In a related incident a shrtimp boat went down in the storm, the two occupants were thrown out of their life raft, somehow made it to nearby oil platforms and were saved. What I can't figure is how do you get out of the water onto a platform without being smashed to pieces on the structure?
    18th century nut --- Carl

Awesome pictures. I've been on pretty rough seas fishing off the coast in Florida, and nasty storms on the Great Lakes on smallish boats (under 45') including a couple of knock downs (sail boat where the top of the mast goes into the water, and you almost capsize, and sails got ripped off ) But, these pictures look like they came from the movie Perfect Storm. Wow!

P.S. Great to here about the shimpers, I heard they were lost, but I didn't hear that they were ok. Someone must have been looking over them!

Dave