Thread: What should i get? Rockler or Grizzly t-track table

What should i get? Rockler or Grizzly t-track table

Im going to buy one of these but not sure which is best. What do you recommend? Either the Grizzly T25953 or Rockler 46654 T-track and 48089 stand?

I work on things every day. Thanks for the help guys, Terry
    Two T's Woodshop

Given that the Grizzly includes the stand for $163 and the Rockler is $318 I would go with Grizzly. There will be shipping and tax on the Grizzly but that may pertain to Rockler as well. The specs seem to be the same. It says that the Grizzly is on backorder so if you need it yesterday then you have to go Rockler.

Thanks for the info. I also read that the Grizzley is not worth the money.

"Rock solid construction. Requires drilling pilot holes and providing screws for attaching stand with table top. Major drawback: the t-slots are narrow, and will not accept the sliding t-bolt products from Rockler (hold-down clamps and stops) without replacing the t-bolt (Taylor tools jig kit t-bolts will fit, Rockler T-slot bolts will not). The Armor and Grizzly clamps specifically sold as t-slot will fit, but the multi-use drill press clamps with an included t-slot screw, and the t-slot screw clamps from Kreg will not fit without grinding down the screw head."
    Two T's Woodshop

Been wondering what the difference was here. I mean, I know Rockler overprices pretty much everything they sell and rebrands a lot of their items and then upcharges for them (think Radio Shack), but how in the world was Grizzly able to get their version of this so cheap without cutting some corners? Just couldnt figure out what they did.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Here are the specifications for both. I see no difference in the T-slot dimensions.

Brand Rockler
    Weight 44.3500
    Tech Spec
    • T-slots accept both 5/16" T-bolts and 1/4" T-bolts, as well as 1/4" hex-bolts
    • Table top measures 28" x 40" x 1-1/8" thick
    • Top is made of melamine-coated MDF with 3mm black edge banding
    • All T-tracks are 3/4" Wide x 3/8" Deep
    • T-slots are made of extruded aluminum
    Length 40"
    Width 28"

Grizzly’s T-Slot Table and Leg System is one of the most versatile work stations your shop can have. Coupled with our T-Track Auto Adjust Clamps and Fence Kits, this heavy-duty, affordable unit will simplify your sanding, clamping, routing, assembly, and sawing needs.Specifications:

• T-slots are compatible with 5/16” T-bolts, 1/4" hex bolts, and 1/4" T-bolts
    • Anodized green extruded aluminum T-Tracks are 3/4" wide by 3/8” deep
    • Top measures 28” x 40”
    • 1-1/8” (30mm) melamine coated MDF with black edge banding
    • Stand includes rubber adjustable feet
    • Legs are 1/8” heavy-duty steel
    • Steel base measures 36”L x 24”W x 32”H
    • Weight with top: 80 lb.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Been wondering what the difference was here. I mean, I know Rockler overprices pretty much everything they sell and rebrands a lot of their items and then upcharges for them (think Radio Shack), but how in the world was Grizzly able to get their version of this so cheap without cutting some corners? Just couldnt figure out what they did.
    We have boots on the ground (offices) in Taiwan and China and have contacts that many other companies do not have. We can get stuff made by factories our competitors have no idea exist! Plus, we don't believe in overcharging customers.

Many people think paying more means getting a better product. By all means customers can shop where they feel better about their purchases.

Oh, by the way, we were in China before any of the major companies here in the USA were, so we have a lot of history and relationships that are hard to put a monetary value on.

Blog Entries
    Great thread. My only pause was the "universal" profile in the Rockler (which I have all over the shop). With the Grizzly accepting 1/4" and 5/16" t-bolts I would grab their table in a heartbeat.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler