Thread: Recent Projects

Recent Projects

Have been keeping busy lately. Finished a book case and pair of sawbenches (alá Chris Schwarz) and a toy storage box from some scrap wood. I was aiming for speed over perfection with the dovetails, but they still fit pretty well. The bottom is nailed on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They all look good Steve. I like the way you edged (beaded?) the verticals on the bookcase and inset the shelves without using a face frame. Very simple and attractive. I'm going to make two simple boxes like yours this weekend - I can use a couple. The DTs look good, especially combined witn the cutout handles.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Some good work. My bookshelves almost always get a top. It is kind of a bonus shelf.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Wish I could cut dovetails that well! Maybe I'll practice a few today.

If the wood Southern Yellow Pine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Some good work. My bookshelves almost always get a top. It is kind of a bonus shelf.

jtk
    Looks like the CS bookshelves from the Anarchist Design Book.