Thread: Wife's purse recovered. Good and Bad

Wife's purse recovered. Good and Bad

A couple of weeks ago I wrote that my wife had left her purse in the Denver airport. It was finally returned by United lost and found. Everything was still in the purse except the $700.00 cash. In the pocket where the cash was was a prepaid MasterCard "ready cash" card. We thought that perhaps United had done that rather than ship cash. No such luck. We called to see what the story was. Someone had purchased this card at the Denver airport in the amount of $100.00. They paid $5.00 to do that then purchased luggage in the airport for the remaining $95.00. I've no clue why they did that. They were thoughtful enough to put the now zero balance card in the pocket that held the cash. Maybe it was a "Thank you" card. At least she got her very nice purse with all the personal information, keys and passes etc. As well as being I'm and
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

I'm glad you were able to get the purse back.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I trust that you cancelled all the credit cards and changed locks just because the cards are still there doesn't mean someone didn't record the card information to make online purchases or made copies of the keys. Glad your wife at least got her purse back.

Digging into the purse a bit further my wife even found the receipt from the machine used to buy the card. Obviously a very thoughtful thiefIMG_20190117_155237.jpg
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

If you made a police report, there's a pretty good chance that machine has a video log of all transactions, so it's possible police could recover a picture of whoever bought the card. Whether they would actually be willing to do it in this case is another matter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    If you made a police report, there's a pretty good chance that machine has a video log of all transactions, so it's possible police could recover a picture of whoever bought the card. Whether they would actually be willing to do it in this case is another matter.....
    or the airport has video surveillance of the person who made the purchase. Depends how long you wish to pursue it.

...or there are fingerprints on the card that the airline could use to compare to employee's prints. It could be that someone turned the purse in to an employee, who took the money.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.