Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with VFD

Need help with VFD

Ok, I have a Chinese 3Kw 24,000 RPM water cooled spindle and a Fuler VFD. I changed my machine over to Acorn and I tested my spindle tonight and found out that it was only doing 8,000 RPM. While looking at the VFD, I pushed a couple of buttons and messed it up. I watched a video on how to go in and change parameters and so I went in and tried to set the parameters and did something wrong. Now when it comes on it has a flashing P and 0.0 on the screen. I can't get back into the parameter settings or anything else. The manual that I had found online does not say anything about what that might be. It mainly talks about an E showing an error but no P. I have turned off power from the breaker and restarted but always get the same display.

Anyone have any experience with these and know what this screen is? Possibly how to get back to the Parameter set up screens that I had before or reset the thing back to factory defaults or something? I'm in over my head right now and don't know what to do at this point.

At this point I have no ability to start the spindle either manually or thru Acorn.

It is a Fuler DZB 300 series VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby milam View Post
    Ok, I have a Chinese 3Kw 24,000 RPM water cooled spindle and a Fuler VFD. I changed my machine over to Acorn and I tested my spindle tonight and found out that it was only doing 8,000 RPM. While looking at the VFD, I pushed a couple of buttons and messed it up. I watched a video on how to go in and change parameters and so I went in and tried to set the parameters and did something wrong. Now when it comes on it has a flashing P and 0.0 on the screen. I can't get back into the parameter settings or anything else. The manual that I had found online does not say anything about what that might be. It mainly talks about an E showing an error but no P. I have turned off power from the breaker and restarted but always get the same display.

Anyone have any experience with these and know what this screen is? Possibly how to get back to the Parameter set up screens that I had before or reset the thing back to factory defaults or something? I'm in over my head right now and don't know what to do at this point.

At this point I have no ability to start the spindle either manually or thru Acorn.

It is a Fuler DZB 300 series VFD.
    i’m very well in touch with how most Chinese Vfd‘s work. I’d be more than happy to help you out and walk you through The full troubleshooting. I might need to talk to you on the phone while you’re in front of the unit for five minutes. Please send me a PM.

I tried to send a PM and it says that you aren't accepting PMs. I did email information to you. I really appreciate the offer.

Matt is a member rather than a contributor. I think you have to be a contributor to do private messages.

Thanks. Hopefully the email will get to him

Found this manual online. Programming starts on page 13. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks. I looked through it last night but I can't find what mine is doing anywhere in there. I'm about to go back in the garage and mess with it some more. I can't seem to be able to get into the programing mode right now.

Here are the screens that I get on the VFD now.
    1 /''''
    o ''''
    H 0.0
    U 342.3

The only one that will let me change anything is the 0.0.0.0.0 screen
    I am guessing that this is a password screen and if so, I have no idea of what the password is. The manual tells how to turn off the PW but I can't get to a screen to do it. I believe the H screen is showing the voltage but it won't allow me to change that to anything. I have tried searching all over the internet and all that I can find is how to set parameters but I can't get to that point. Other than the manual which doesn't seem to cover this, information on the inverter seems very limited.

Open to any ideas and suggestions.

Find in the manual a factory reset and do that. My guess there was nothing wrong with the VFD it was the setup coming out of the controller that needed changing. There are also videos on You Tube on that VFD just do a search. I did a factory reset on my Hitachi drive after I tried to make some changes.

Video may be some help. Chinese VFDs if you get a name brand one are decent but very little on this brand, you might try CNC Zone I am not allowed to post links from there, here on this board.

Video for what its worth > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGJscOqdsA

Website link >https://www.eaglecnctec.com/news/68.html
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-17-2019 at 7:25 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I can't get into it to do a factory reset. I have to get past this stage to where I can get into the parameter settings in order to do anything.

I’m thinking about ordering another VFD. I can’t just keep sitting around looking at this one and getting nowhere. Anyone have a recommendation on one for a 3Kw spindle, 220v that wont break the bank? I’m seeing some Chinese ones on eBay but don’t know if one would be better than another to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby milam View Post
    I’m thinking about ordering another VFD. I can’t just keep sitting around looking at this one and getting nowhere. Anyone have a recommendation on one for a 3Kw spindle, 220v that wont break the bank? I’m seeing some Chinese ones on eBay but don’t know if one would be better than another to go with.
    Automation Tech in Chicago sells a very well known Chinese VFD with lots of support with him and online. Kind oi wish I had taken Gary Campbells suggestion to purchase that one instead of the Hitachi I did buy. AT ships very fast and John will take care of you if you need help.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Looks like they sell 1, 3Kw vfd. I will check with them. Thanks

Try powering down vfd, then turn back on.

1. What does screen show after power up?
    2. Push Pgm/Reset button. What do you get?
    3. After pushing Pgm/Reset button, push Func/Data button ONCE. What do you get?

This should put you in pgm mode and using the up/down arrow to scroll through parameters. Page 12

Spoke with tech support last night and they advised that there is no preset password and the user will make their own. I won’t be home until this afternoon but I am pretty sure that I am at the password screen so I plan on putting in a pw and seeing what it does. I am guessing that it will then let me in.

Tried powering down down multiple times but it wouldn’t let me access the program mode. I will post back if I get in so anyone having a similar issue might have an answer