Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help with VFD

1. What was the jumper?

Quote Originally Posted by bobby milam View Post
    I just figured it out. There are 3 jumper pins on the VFD. I had the jumper on the wrong 2 pins. Changed it and now Acorn controls on/off and speed.

I want to thank everyone for all their help.
    Bobby,

What was the jumper... name , where was it located... which 2 pins are the right ones?

I am setting up a similar system and appreciate your assistance...

Regards,

Phil Dalgleish

I have the same Best VFD and ATC spindle as Bobby does. Here are some photos of the jumpers and wiring connections to the VFD from the Acorn. My setup works correctly with spindle on/off and spindle speed controlled directly from the cnc12 program. On my VFD I need to toggle the VFD from manual mode to auto mode to enable speed control via cnc12/acorn.
    David

20201023_231816_resized.jpg 20201023_231833_resized.jpg 20201023_231836_resized.jpg 20201023_231932_resized.jpg 20201023_231936_resized.jpg
    Last edited by David Buchhauser; 10-24-2020 at 2:35 AM.

David this post was about my old vfd so it is different.
    Phil, I am trying to go off memory. It was in the bottom right portuon of the vfd just below and to the right of the panel I believe. You will see 3 pins by themselves and there will be a jumper on 2. Put the jumper on the other 2. I dont recall if it had a name. If thia doesnt help let me know and I will pull it out for a picture or post a picture of yours and I will tell you which one it was. My wife passed away Thursday and I will be busy preparing for the funeral and might be several days before I can get to it.