Thread: RIP Jack Bogle

RIP Jack Bogle

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/05/0...investors.html

I read one of his books many years back and it just made so much sense to me......

Yes, very interesting person.
    I really admired how in his interviews in recent years he looked absolutely ancient but when he spoke, he did so with the clarity and intellectual energy of a 30 year old.
    Bogle was probably more instrumental than anyone, with the possible exception of Charles Schwab, at bringing low cost avenues of investing to average people. He could have become a gazillionaire but instead settled for being merely rich and staying true to the vision of enabling others and putting the investor first. Rare breed in the financial services industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    He could have become a gazillionaire but instead settled for being merely rich and staying true to the vision of enabling others and putting the investor first. Rare breed in the financial services industry.
    You can say THAT again!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”