Thread: Router table fence upgrade

Router table fence upgrade

To all you router table experts: I have an incra fence on mine. It is the LS. I like it, but there is no overhead dust collection port.

Have any of you added DC to this fence and can share pics of how you went about it?

I might upgrade the fence, but would keep the positioning system. Am open to other brands/styles of fence if they integrate well, anyone mix/match incra positioner with another brand fence?

If you already have the Incra LS Positioner, you can get the Incra Wonder Fence, if has dust collection built into the fence.

Are you extracting any dust downwards?

Yes this is the most likely option. Just wasnt sure there were many other options, since the LS positioning attaches right where a dust collection box/fitting would be on other systems. I liked the way some of the others have sliding wooden fence, and wasnt sure about this design where the dust gets pulled down a hollow channel.

So was just wondering other options.

I do have the router in a cabinet underneath and pulling the DC through that in parallel. It seems better to pull as much dust and chips out from above as possible.

If you have the Incra Cleansweep plates, with dust extraction underneath, you'll get 99% of shavings.

I also have the Woodpecker Fence, which has a 2.5" dust port directly behind the cutter. I also have a 4" port below the router and vacuum on both of these ports when applicable.

Both the Woodpecker and the Incra allow you to easily mount a wooden fence when necessary.

With the WoodPecker, you would need a new table top or would need to route some T slots to hold the fence.

Here I have the sacrificial wood fences on
    Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 01-16-2019 at 8:55 PM.