Thread: Anyone knowledgeable about HS basketball?

Anyone knowledgeable about HS basketball?

I just saw the "High school pay of the week" on television.
    The player caught a pass and carried it for 6 steps as he ran to the basket and shot.

Why the heck isn't that traveling?
    Unfortunately it is not on their website.

Same thing in college ball. When was the last time you saw a "palming the ball" call made? Watch certain teams and see how few fouls are called, even though the replays on TV show they occurred. It frosts me when on one end of the floor, it isn't a foul, but on the other end it is. There are a couple of couches that I think the referees are afraid of. Anyone remember Christian Lattener stomping a Kentucky player in the chest while the player was down on the floor. Did the coach yank him out of the game, heck (being polite) no! Then coach goes on to talk about sportsmanship.

In a previous life I was a small town sports editor. Covering a middle school football game, I was sitting with the officials on the bench at halftime when a student manager asked one of the officials, "Mr. Referee, what is it when the other team is grabbing our facemask and pulling on it?" With missing a beat one of the refs said, "Son, it ain't nothing if I don't call it." I nearly fell off the bench laughing. So, if the stripes don't whistle it, it's not anything.

BTW, Bruce. As a Kentuckian (but NOT a UK fan), I can guarantee you there are several million people in the state and around the globe who still remember Laettner's stomp!
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken