Thread: Griggio Jointer, Powermatic Table Saw- Can anyone ID?

Griggio Jointer, Powermatic Table Saw- Can anyone ID?

I am looking to get a new table saw and jointer from an auction. Can anyone ID the Griggio jointer or the powermatic table saw attached? The griggio is described as a 13" jointer, 120V, 1 phase. The base seems to be smaller than any Griggio models Ive seen online in comparison. The powermatic saw is described as 12-14" tilting arbor saw, 230V, 1 phase. I cant seem to see any similar powermatics online in blue. Any help identifying the models/rough years or valuing what they would be worth would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll say one thing; a 13", 1hp jointer running on 120v isn't going to impress me at all. Must be a typo.
    The 12-14 is a well regarded saw no matter what color it is.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Looks like that jointer may have a mortiser off the back, too. I'm dubious about the 120v claim unless someone slapped a 1hp motor on it for grins.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The Powermatic saw may 1958 or older. The color timeline chart at the bottom of page: http://wiki.vintagemachinery.org/Pai...owermatic.ashx

i am wondering if it is a jointer/planer w/ a mortiser as well. a few extra levers, and maybe the hint of a column for planer table?

I like the jointer it looks like a nice compact size. Is it the pf 330 with 4 knife head you should get it. You can always get a different machine if you don’t like it.
    Tablesaws come and go that one really nice looking too.
    Aj

A few of the paint scrapes on the table saw look like it may be green under the blueish gray. Hard to tell from the picture though--could just be lighting.
    earl

Thanks for all the info. Attached are a few more images of them. I have yet to see any Griggio jointer at 120V online. However, I also haven't found one with a base as small as this one seems. It is advertised as a 12" in one section and a 13" in another, so it probably wouldn't be too far off for the 120v to be a typo.

Digging a little deeper, it seems the powermatic is a model 70. From pictures it doesn't look near that old, but it seems this guy took pretty good care of his stuff.

Any ideas on good pricing for these? Thanks again for your help.griggio new.jpggriggio new 2.jpggriggio new 3.jpgtable saw.jpgtable saw 2.jpg

I put quite a few miles on one of those big Powermatic table saws, very good saw. The jointer looks pretty interesting too.

I tracked those pics back to an auction of the estate of a guy who was a very accomplished woodworker. Some of his furniture is on the auction site too, for prices that are presently stupid cheap. If you're going there to pick up equipment, you might consider buying his furniture too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S Ryan View Post
    Thanks for all the info. Attached are a few more images of them. I have yet to see any Griggio jointer at 120V online. However, I also haven't found one with a base as small as this one seems. It is advertised as a 12" in one section and a 13" in another, so it probably wouldn't be too far off for the 120v to be a typo.

Digging a little deeper, it seems the powermatic is a model 70. From pictures it doesn't look near that old, but it seems this guy took pretty good care of his stuff.

Any ideas on good pricing for these? Thanks again for your help.griggio new.jpggriggio new 2.jpggriggio new 3.jpgtable saw.jpgtable saw 2.jpg
    If those machines run as good as they look they are worth a lot to someone who enjoys spending their free time working with wood.
    If your looking to flip them well good luck
    Aj

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    If those machines run as good as they look they are worth a lot to someone who enjoys spending their free time working with wood.
    If your looking to flip them well good luck
    Thanks, would be for personal use just want to make sure I don't overpay for them.

That jointer looks a lot like my Minimax fs35 jointer/planer with a mortising attachment. The wheel lower down is the height adjustment for the planer.

Personally I would go to 2500-3000 on that jointer /planer. It could be different where you live,I am in Alberta.

Doubt that motor is 120v on the jointer. I have used a very similar combo machine a ton made by Steton that has a 350mm cutterhead. Jointer, planer, mortiser combo machine that is very solid and reliable. If I were looking for one and wanted that combo, I'd pay at least $2k for a nice one.