Thread: Jet bandsaw tension crank not working

Jet bandsaw tension crank not working

I have a Jet DXPRO 14. The Blade tension knob cranks all the way down and all the way up on the scale. However, the sliding assembly doesnt move and the tension doesn't change. It is so loose the blade is seated on the wheel.
    I had to replace the part circled because it broke. Then I couldnt get it tensioned again.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

IMG_0069.jpg

There is a nut inside the tensioner. It is probably stripped of threads.
    The axle on the sliding bracket could also be bent, or usually the supporting aluminum of the bracket is broken. Did it get over-tensioned?
    https://www.ereplacementparts.com/sl...mkndqnvpf5krk2
    Their picture is upside down.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Scott View Post
    Any ideas?
    I would disassemble it completely and examine all the parts. It should be obvious what is causing the problem. Itura Design has (or used to have) parts for Jet and Delta 14" saws. The tension bracket on my Delta bent and Itura supplied a much stronger replacement.

What blade are you running? Keep in mind that the advertised specs on these saws claim they can support blade sizes they can't possibly tension properly. After much experimentation, I stuck to 1/2" blades on the Delta.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I would disassemble it completely and examine all the parts. It should be obvious what is causing the problem. Itura Design has (or used to have) parts for Jet and Delta 14" saws. The tension bracket on my Delta bent and Itura supplied a much stronger replacement.

What blade are you running? Keep in mind that the advertised specs on these saws claim they can support blade sizes they can't possibly tension properly. After much experimentation, I stuck to 1/2" blades on the Delta.

JKJ
    Agree with John, but note it is Iturra Design (2 r's), Itura Design is an electronics company in India. Another source is R&D Bandsaw, they have parts for 14" Delta and Delta clones which the Jet appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Agree with John, but note it is Iturra Design (2 r's), Itura Design is an electronics company in India. Another source is R&D Bandsaw, they have parts for 14" Delta and Delta clones which the Jet appears to be.
    Last I checked Iturra did not have a web site. This is the contact info I used for them in the past.

Iturra design (bandsaw)
    KALLL@comcast.net
    904-642-2802
    4636 Fulton Road, Jacksonville, Fl

If they still send out their catalog it is worth having on hand.

JKJ

Thanks i took it appart and myk was right. The nut was frozen on the rod. I had to cut it off with a grinder. I think I will order the rod and wheel from Highland Woodworking. It looks much nicer than the stock one. I only go up to a 1/2 blade.

Blog Entries
    Just for the record, I purchased bandsaw parts from ereplacements and the results were good.
    There were no issues.