Thread: Freud or Infinity Entry door router bits sets?

Freud or Infinity Entry door router bits sets?

I have an entry door project coming up that I would like to purchase and use one of these 3 piece Entry & Passage Door route bit sets. When I open my router table bit drawer it's about 99% red so I guess I kind have a bias toward Freud products. The Infinity bit sets look nice and seem to have good reviews, about the same price, perhaps a little less than Freud. I'm not opposed to trying a different brand, just never had an experience with Infinity bits. Was curious if anyone on the forum had experience with using these entry door sets?

Does Whiteside have the same profile set available. I've found that their quality is great and that the bits last and last. I don't have any Infinity, and find Freud just okay.

I'm not familiar with the Infinity set but the Freud set looks like an upscaled version of their cabinet rail & stile kit. The thing that is unique to Freud AFAIK is the ability to cut tenons as long as you wish. Deep mortises you're on your own. Infinity (the original Jesada) makes very high quality stuff but I don't have any rail & stile bits from them.

I used the Freud bits for the entry door I was making and as said above you can make long tenons using that too. Worked fine.