Thread: EZcad driver help

EZcad driver help

Hey folks - I have a 20w fiber with EZcad that works great. I picked up a second unit and used a laptop with a fresh hard drive, Win 7 XP 64bit and put EZcad 2.10 on it. When I plug in the new laser to it, I'm trying to update the driver. Instead of the driver saying USBlcxxxx or whatever it should say, I think Windows calls it an unrecognized USB device. At any rate, I tried to update the driver but Windows keeps telling me it cannot find the driver.

I know this is the 64 bit driver (my other system uses the 32 bit version). Are any of you using the 64 bit version and having success? Any hacks or bits of advice for the driver issue at all? Thanks for your help, you guys are great!
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Yep, win 10 64 bit. works fine. Driver was sent with the laser along with EzCad. Wasn't any drivers with it?
    I'll have to look tomorrow, there was a bit of a trick initially I think in some instructions I got.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brostrom View Post
    I picked up a second unit and used a laptop with a fresh hard drive, Win 7 XP 64bit and put EZcad 2.10 on it.
    the way I read this it sounds like either the laser or your EZcad 2.10 is 'used'...? Did the 2.10 come with the laser?

My 2-1/2 year old Triumph came with 2.5.3 and a dongle, my recently new ebay machine came with 2.14.10, and no dongle, the laser control card acts as the dongle, no 'dog driver' to load...

The common thing I've found with both of them is that while any EZcad will work in demo mode, *I'm assuming* the laser controller won't run the laser unless the dongle or card matches it's own specific software. I wish it did, my new 2.14 version is SUCH a vast improvement over my Triumph's 2.5 that I'd GLADLY run the Triumph with it, but it wont. I have a 2.7.6 version I've had for quite awhile, it won't work on either machine either, it's just for 'play'...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 01-14-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev - 20 watt fiber is the desktop style and it did not come with any software. I copied the install files from my other machine, but used the 64 bit driver. Neither driver will work with it.

The laser I bought recently is used and it did not come with any computer. I'm trying to use the USB cable and hook it to a fresh install Win 7 laptop. Will this work or is there a conflict some how? I see many fibers on eBay that don't come with computers...I don't get it. Thanks again for any help.

Mike

forgive me for being confused, but I'm confused

Your first statement was "I have a 20 watt fiber with EZcad and it works great" - From there I'm lost:

Are both machines 20 watt? I'll assume so for now, and refer to your 20 watt with EZcad as Laser1 and your newly acquired, desktop machine-? as Laser2

That said, obviously Laser1 has software, but Laser2 does not. As I mentioned above, one copy of EZcad is good for one control board (*best I can tell*), which is why your Laser1 EZcad won't run Laser2...

SO- is there any chance that wherever you got Laser2 might HAVE the original software? NOTE that EZcad is a stand-alone program, no part of the program or its features get put into ANY Windows folders; there's no "installation" other than copying it from the original disk or flash drive to the computer drive of your choice. THEREFORE, if you got it from a private party and they still have/use the computer that used to run it, the folder that EZcad was saved to on THAT computer can simply be copied to a flash drive, and then copied to your computer. Actually, you can run it from a flash drive if you want...Anyway, that's the easy way to fix your problem. The hard way will be to contact EZcad and figure out how to go about getting some new software--

Unless someone else knows something I don't about these things!
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Sorry for the confusion, you are correct on laser 1 being in operation for years and working great, and newly acquired laser 2 having the mentioned issues.

There are links out "there" to download EZcad for free from various sites. It appears on eBay these new machines don't come with software, which makes me wonder how one like this would be controlled? This computer is also not connected to the internet, so verifying a key online is out of the question.

You just have to match up the software to the controller, one version may not necessarily work with multiple controllers. The easiest way to do that is email a picture of the card that clearly shows the model number to the manufacturer, bjjcz.cn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brostrom View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, you are correct on laser 1 being in operation for years and working great, and newly acquired laser 2 having the mentioned issues.

There are links out "there" to download EZcad for free from various sites. It appears on eBay these new machines don't come with software, which makes me wonder how one like this would be controlled? This computer is also not connected to the internet, so verifying a key online is out of the question.

I made a new .iso Win 7 32 bit disc and formatted the HD again. 32 bit for the win! It worked fine.

If anyone else is having issues, just us the 32 bit Windows 7 and don't go online for any updates, just the service pack 1 is fine. I'm using EZcad 2.7.6 and it's working like a champ.

Thanks guys

Well that's cool! I really wish I could run my newer EZcad on my older Triumph- but alas, I just found out yesterday while cleaning out the machine that it doesn't have a BJJCZ controller. Guess I should call up Triumph...

--and for those who haven't pulled the covers off their fiber's yet, be advised that those cooling fans suck in a ton of crap! --much of it metal particles from your engraving; get enough of those settling on your controller card, and....
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter