Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
I use Sketchers Go Walk 4 shoes with "off the shelf custom" inserts to correct for posture, etc. (there's a machine in places like Bed, Bath & Beyond that helps determine which insert to use) Since I started working in my shop this way, I've had much less issue with body pain. I use the same inserts in my non-work footwear now, too, for consistency. Some folks will want or need actual custom inserts, but I'm lucky enough to be able to use the packaged versions successfully at much lower cost.

I have never been able to wear "work boots" comfortably. The one exception has been Ariat Terrain paddock boots because they have an actually well designed instep. But even those are not as comfortable as what I describe in the first paragraph of my response.
Funny- I walked across Italy in a pair of Sketchers, and then went to France the following year- same pair- walked a good way across France.

For the OP: I am glad you posted this, because I'm also looking for some good work shoes/boots. I considered having a pair made, and was searching for custom-made work boots, and found that Timberland actually allows you to customize a limited number of their boots for less than half what a true custom-made boot would cost.
https://www.timberland.com/custom.html

I don't know what your price range is but it's around the price of RedWings at just over $200, which is much better than a true custom-made boot, which is more than double that. I have a wide foot, and I'm also really picky about boots ever since my cowboy days and I used to have my boots made by Olathe Boots.