Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Miter Gauge

When I had a unisaw I used a Kreg miter gage one for the left side. One for the right side.
    So I recommend Kreg same as Lee.
    Aj

Thank you. I have decided to buy the Incra combo value pack which consists of an Incra Express Sled and a Miter 1000SE.
    Wood working is like a vicious cycle. The more tools you buy the more you find to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Winter View Post
    Thank you. I have decided to buy the Incra combo value pack which consists of an Incra Express Sled and a Miter 1000SE.
    Good choice Bill. I have that sled and really like the way it works with my 1000HD.
    Enjoy!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    Buy the one I got; its the best.

They are all good; whichever you get a good buy on.
    Which one you have Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Winter View Post
    I've got that same setup, and it works great. Current have the sled set up with the 1000SE on the right miter slot for cutting miters. I also have the Incra 1000HD set up for left side slot for accurate cross cuts.

Blog Entries
    Whatever gauge you choose, it will probably involve aluminum. If you have a Sawstop, read on...

I have a Jess-Em gauge that came with really nice brass knobs to secure the gauge. One day, I was nibbling away at some wood with a stacked dado set and didn't realize that the knobs had come loose. As I was moving my wood from left to right, I was also moving the aluminum extrusion from left to right. Eventually, the extrusion contacted the blade and the saw did exactly what it was supposed to do, ruining my (admittedly kind of cheap) dado set.

The moral of this story is to remove those knobs and replace them with cam-lever type clamps. They are either tight or really loose which I can feel. And it's easy to glance at them and see that they are tight.