Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Saw Miter Gauge

Table Saw Miter Gauge

I want to replace the miter gauge on my 20 year old Jet Contractor Saw. I'd like to get y'alls opinion on which miter gauge is best. BTW I already have a shop build sled for repeat cross cutting up to 48" so I don't necessarily need a mg with a telescoping fence. It would be awesome to have a mg where there is no slop in the miter slot.
    Wood working is like a vicious cycle. The more tools you buy the more you find to buy.

Incra 1000HD

I have the Woodhaven Deluxe Miter Gauge with the 17-3/4" miter bar and an 18" Ultra Track. Works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Incra 1000HD
    I have this and like it. Can recommend.

Blog Entries
    I have the Kreg miter gauge and it is fantastic. It has shot pin accuracy for common angles and a vernier scale for not so common angles. The slining stop makes repeat cuts a breeze. It also switches from left side to right side easily. It also has and adjustable bar should you need it.
    25647-08-1000.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-13-2019 at 5:12 PM.

Another vote for the Incra. It's bar is adjustable for a no-slop fit.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yet another vote for the Incra 1000HD here.

I have a Kreg...... It's the only one I have used except the original variety so no idea if there are better options available.

Robert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Yet another vote for the Incra 1000HD here.
    My vote goes to the Incra 1000HD.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

You'll get a lot of recommendations for the Incras. If the only angles you cut are basic (90, 45, 22.5), get the V27. It adjusts to 5 degree increments plus 22.5. The 1000 adjusts to one-degree increments, if you need to cut bowl blanks and other odd angles.

I have both, and they're both excellent. As long as your miter slot is of uniform 3/4" width, they'll both let you adjust out any slop very easily.

Any of the Incas and Nick has summed it up well. Figure which best suits your personal needs and budget. I have the 1000HD and really like the repeatable stop. It also easily adjusts
    for both sides of the blades.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Incra 1000HD
    +1. I agree!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Buy the one I got; its the best.

They are all good; whichever you get a good buy on.

You will need a miter gauge with no slop in the bar no matter what gauge you buy or use if you want accuracy, but for very accurate settings I like to use my MiterSet gauges. I haven't found a need to upgrade from my original Delta miter gauge since I bought these gauges, because I can get great accuracy with even my old Delta miter gauge now. There are two different gauges and your choice will depend on your need. One lets you set your miter gauge to any angle in 1/2 degree increments. The other lets you set your miter gauge to the exact angle needed to cut segment pieces for making circles or partial circles. You set the gauge for the number of segments that you will be making for your circle, and it sets your miter gauge for the exact angle needed out to the third decimal place. I have both gauges and I can no longer do without them. They are built with the quality of Aerospace hardware and each comes in it's own molded plastic padded box. They aren't cheap, but I've used them to calibrate some of my friends "supposedly accurate" high dollar miter gauges and found some slight errors to adjust out.

https://miterset.myshopify.com/

Charley
    Last edited by Charles Lent; 01-13-2019 at 10:23 PM.