Thread: digitizing a small diagram

digitizing a small diagram

https://youtu.be/vRcof4WzyvA
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I was doing a lot of Cad work I had a tablet and a puck. I don’t think they make the Summagraphic any more. I did a search on Amazon they sell some graphics drawing tablets that came up on the search. I wonder if they could be used for digtizing a paper design?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Bill,
    I had to respond to your response, my first job when I got out of the military was with an up and coming company called Summagraphics in Fairfield,CT back in 1976. Had to throw that out there.
    Greg B

Yeah, I was very sad when my Wacom tracing puck quit working on contemporary tablets.

These days I just take a photo against a grid and place it on a background layer and re-draw.

Quote Originally Posted by William Adams View Post
    Yeah, I was very sad when my Wacom tracing puck quit working on contemporary tablets.

These days I just take a photo against a grid and place it on a background layer and re-draw.
    Well I ordered and using the tablet as above a HUION WH1409. So far the only decent affordable program I have found to use is InkScape. There I can trace a part, scale as needed and SAVE AS a eps file. I would like to use DXF but that does not work great. The Extension I found on Big Blue Saw does not work either. Maybe the version of Inkscape I have is too new. Another annoying thing I want to work in Inches but there is not an easy way to make the default startup file default to Inches. Any other graphics program I have used its just Save Preferences, not Inkscape and if there is one its been changed in the next version so it won't work!!

The tablet its self is pretty darn nice. Chinese designed looks great and made well, it just works. Wireless rechargeable pen and tablet, connects to the Windows 10 computer like it was made for it. Windows sees it and lets you configure. Very impressive, and all for $112.

I forgot one important thing. I can use both the mouse and the pen at the same time. The pen is wireless and the mouse is wireless to USB. All I do is move the mouse out of range and move the pen to the pad and draw. Slick.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-17-2019 at 8:51 PM.

I know one person on here is involved with digitizer that is still available.

http://www.logicgroup.com/products/l...ber=US000101LT
    Colorado Woodworkers Guild
    Colorado CNC User Group

Yes those people must of paid google a lot to get on the Search index. It comes up all the time and the software alone is $3500. Trust me I have used $3500 plus software and this in not in that class.

I have large Logic Group tablet. It is good for what it is. It has saved me a ton of time.

I knew a bunch of the Suma team starting in early 80's. Tony Joyce, Dave Pruner, Rick Thompson & a whole bunch more.

I am amazed at the results , and its very simple. No cad required and quick, use it all the time