Thread: Unboxing Powermatic PM 1000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unboxing Powermatic PM 1000

This is probably a silly question and will show me as a newbie but I have purchased a new PM 1000 table saw which arrived today. I unpacked everything and set it out in a systematic fashion prior to assembly. I took the manual inside to read some directions and the very first part required me to unscrew the cabinet from there pallet "FROM THE BOTTOM." The only way I see to access these screws would be to lay the cabinet down on a side and take the screws out and then set it up again. The cabinet, contains the motor and main table, is too heavy for me to lift even to lay it down and I know I wouldn't be able to stand it back up. I guess I need to get some help but this seems to be a bad packaging situation.

Stu
    Stuart Reid
    Fisherman in Training

This may be a silly question, but have you looked at the pallet to see if you can reach underneath to get to the bolts or screws to take them off. If it is held on the corners, a pallet is lifted off the ground approximately 4" so you should be able to access the bolts. Without seeing the pallet, I'm just making a judgement call here.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Is it just screws, or is it a bolt with a washer and nut underneath the pallet?

if just screws why not reach them through the front access door? Or does the PM1000 not have this door?

if bolts, can you reach under with a box wrench to the nuts?

having a hard time visualizing without pictures.

Nothing here a sawzall and sledge hammer won't fix ! Seriously look again it should not be that hard to remove.

Stuart
    Geneac generators ship the same way, bolted to a pallet with no access to get to hardware underneath.
    If you rock the pallet and Machine, you can kick some 4x4 blocks underneath and get a wrench underneath.

I've got the same saw. The bolts are metric. I was able to use a box wrench to remove the bolts holding the machine to the skid.

Well my neighbor came by, layed down on the floor and unscrewed the bolts. I have a problem with my legs and can't get on the floor so I couldn't see what was there. I guess I made a mountain out of a mole hill but at least the saw is starting to go together. Thanks to all.

Stu
    Stuart Reid
    Fisherman in Training

Awesome Stu. Share pictures when you get it setup. Congrats and enjoy the new saw!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Reid View Post
    Well my neighbor came by, layed down on the floor and unscrewed the bolts. I have a problem with my legs and can't get on the floor so I couldn't see what was there. I guess I made a mountain out of a mole hill but at least the saw is starting to go together. Thanks to all.

Stu