Thread: Love these new Headphones

Love these new Headphones

It's always been a conflict between hearing protection and entertainment. There is power tool noise about 10% of the time. I listen to audiobooks but have to pause them pretty often, and the phone times out so it means putting in the password about 20 times a day. Aaaargh!

And I use earplugs for hearing protection so that doesn't happen as often as it should.

Last week I bought Bose QC35 II headphones. They provide good noise cancellation, but I can carry on a conversation. And as long as my phone is in or near the shop I can start, pause and play an audiobook, or take a phone call etc with just the buttons behind my ears.

Huge improvement.

Those are great headphones, tested a pair in the Bose store over the Holidays, couldn't bring myself to buy them having a couple of pairs of bluetooth headphones currently, but I still predict owning a pair sometime soon.

I have some Bose QC-15's that I use. I'm deaf and use a cochlear implant to hear. As such, I don't have the advantage of the mechanical inefficiencies of the 3 bones in the middle ear to help reduce noise. The electrical stimulation to my auditory nerve is direct thus Jet noise when I'm traveling is a real issue. My Bose headphones reduce that to a very tolerable level and yet I can hear the announcements from the overhead speakers. It prevents a safety issue that would arise if I just turned off the sound processor for my CI.
    Ken

I have an early pair of Bose Quiet Comfort bought ~ 2000 when I was traveling a lot. They’re great for 6 hr flights but ineffective for shop work IMO. I recently bought a pair of MPOW NC phones with Bluetooth that work great with moderate sound levels but I haven’t found anything that can beat my 3M X5A muffs for loud noise.
    Please help support the Creek.

If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work? - Steven Wright

Very nice headphones for about $350.

I'm also an audiobook listener. I've found that if I use an LG bluetooth headset with ear buds, they provide ~30 db noise reduction, and then I put my standard ear protection on over my ears, in this case an old set of noise reducing earmuffs (another ~30 db), nearly all of the machine noise is removed (though I can still hear some machine noise), and I can listen to my books with no problem.

I can't carry on a conversation but it only costs ~$80 total.