Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravostyle to CorelDraw

Just tried the envelope tool. Wonderful gadget for surrounding text or graphics with a box and manipulating them, but how do draw the box first then put text or graphics in it afterwards? How long to learn this procedure?

---Corel should learn from GS that it would be a great idea to add simple text margins or directly enter maximum line length dims. Note, text frames don't work, they just split text into more lines rather than condense the line...

---And Gravostyle should learn from Corel how wonderful being able to batch-change any or all text in the job would be...

This is just 2 examples of why you need as many text/graphics manipulating programs as possible, not vice versa!

Kev,

On youtube there is a tutorial by Mr. Roy Brewer of Engraving Concepts on auto condensing line of text to fit predefined work area.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Roy is awesome and I have learned a lot from his videos, but this one saved me countless hours over the years, especially on a job where I had just over 1,000 stainless plates to mark and 75% of them needed to be adjusted. With the envelope tool it was done in a couple of minutes and I had the template ready to use for other jobs after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Kev,

On youtube there is a tutorial by Mr. Roy Brewer of Engraving Concepts on auto condensing line of text to fit predefined work area.
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that I can do almost anything with practically nothing...

Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt 8/2015
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 1/2016
    G. Weike LF-30, 30 watt galvo fiber - 3/2015
    Fargo HDP5000 Card printer