Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravostyle to CorelDraw

Just tried the envelope tool. Wonderful gadget for surrounding text or graphics with a box and manipulating them, but how do draw the box first then put text or graphics in it afterwards? How long to learn this procedure?

---Corel should learn from GS that it would be a great idea to add simple text margins or directly enter maximum line length dims. Note, text frames don't work, they just split text into more lines rather than condense the line...

---And Gravostyle should learn from Corel how wonderful being able to batch-change any or all text in the job would be...

This is just 2 examples of why you need as many text/graphics manipulating programs as possible, not vice versa!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev,

On youtube there is a tutorial by Mr. Roy Brewer of Engraving Concepts on auto condensing line of text to fit predefined work area.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Roy is awesome and I have learned a lot from his videos, but this one saved me countless hours over the years, especially on a job where I had just over 1,000 stainless plates to mark and 75% of them needed to be adjusted. With the envelope tool it was done in a couple of minutes and I had the template ready to use for other jobs after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Kev,

On youtube there is a tutorial by Mr. Roy Brewer of Engraving Concepts on auto condensing line of text to fit predefined work area.

Question IS6000 & Gravostyle

Hello Ross, i think that my reply is not for these place.
    I have seen that you are using IS6000. I have 2 of these machines buying, and there is an old pc with Graostyle. Are you willing to help me about using these machines.
    Sorry for my incoorect English. Do you have manuals for these machine? Can i put a new software on a newer pc (i've 2 doungle, 1 parallel and 1 yellow usb)
    Many thanks. I dont no how i can send you privat mails.
    Pierre from Belgium.

Monten
    Welcome to Sawmill Creek. In order to use some of the features on this forum, you must be a contributor. You'll see a donate tab at the top of the page. As little as $6.00 US per year is all it costs.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7