Thread: SpaceX launch

SpaceX launch

Just watched the latest SpaceX launch/recovery/deployment live on YouTube. Amazingly clear video quality. They had positioned several cameras for different feeds throughout the 1 1/4 hour sequence from liftoff to deployment of payload. The YouTube channel is "Space & Universe" for those that might be interested. They give a good show
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Watching a rocket launch is on my bucket list. A SpaceX launch would be the creme of the crop.
    It takes the Big Boys to play that game.

There is a launch of the Dragon crew module in Feb. No exact date that I saw. Hmmm. Vacation?
    Mix that with the Daytona 500 and I'm a happy boy.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 01-11-2019 at 3:54 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I never miss a launch if I can help it. I was part of a launch team for several launches out of Alaska & Hawaii before I retired. Nothing as big as the Falcon 9 but still some serious stuff with modified ICBM’s. I’m the guy standing to the right in my avatar.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I never miss a launch if I can help it. I was part of a launch team for several launches out of Alaska & Hawaii before I retired. Nothing as big as the Falcon 9 but still some serious stuff with modified ICBM’s. I’m the guy standing to the right in my avatar.
    Bruce, I've always wondered - what missile is that you are standing next to?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Fred, it’s a modified Minuetman.

Correction: It is a Polaris A3. The Minuteman was the previous launch. Getting old ain’t for sissy’s
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 01-12-2019 at 2:47 PM.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Grew up in Orlando watching shuttle launches from 60 miles away. The best ones were at night, you could read a book at because lit up the sky so bright. Very cool memory.

They are cool to watch. Here’s a pic of a very cold winter launch from the Kodiak launch complex from 2 miles away. The low pitch roar makes your chest rumble. For scale, the tower to the left is a 17 story rocket assembly building.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Andy Rooney

I love seeing the launch but am totally amazed when they land the first stage on a barge.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weber View Post
    Just watched the latest SpaceX launch/recovery/deployment live on YouTube. Amazingly clear video quality. They had positioned several cameras for different feeds throughout the 1 1/4 hour sequence from liftoff to deployment of payload. The YouTube channel is "Space & Universe" for those that might be interested. They give a good show
    There is scheduled a Falcon Heavy launch in early April according to Gunters Space Page. Spacex have really stepped up the number of launches.

Blog Entries
    But it sure beats the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    What does?