Thread: WTB: Antique and Collectible Stanley Planes by John Walter, 2nd edition

WTB: Antique and Collectible Stanley Planes by John Walter, 2nd edition

I'm sure hoping someone might just have a second copy of the Stanley Planes bible by John Walter, the 2nd edition. I've only recently been made aware that such a book existed. Sadly, it's out of print and commands a arm and a leg these days. If you had one of the 2nd editions you'd be willing to sell for less than that I'd appreciate it. Kind of hoping for something under $50 and not completely shredded and abused. Maybe? Let me know please! Thanks!

There was a thread that included information about this book a couple of weeks/months ago in the Neander forum. However, I was unable to find it with a quick search. My takeaway from the thread is that it appears a new addition may be in the works. You may find some useful info at Mr. Walter’s website. http://stanleytoolsbook.com/ (As of this posting, the website does not appear to be actually selling anything. However, if this link still violates TOS, please delete URL.)

Andrew, I checked the website. I could grow cold (wanted to say old but already about there :-) waiting for a new book to be published from what I understand. Thank you for checking though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Manning View Post
    Andrew, I checked the website. I could grow cold (wanted to say old but already about there :-) waiting for a new book to be published from what I understand. Thank you for checking though!
    Mike, you might check ebay and other auction sites.

Since the notice of a new edition to come someday over the rainbow, a few have sold at a lower price.

Until a new edition is published the price is likely to stay above your $50 range.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Mike, you might check ebay and other auction sites.

Since the notice of a new edition to come someday over the rainbow, a few have sold at a lower price.

Until a new edition is published the price is likely to stay above your $50 range.

jtk
    Yep. Been there, doing that. Just hoping someone might have one. Not everybody is all about the money. There was one for sale in Dallas at Half Price Books. They had a $30 off $100 coupon which would have let me get it with shipping for $80. Too rich for my bank account and someone else nabbed it. I was watching the two recent auctions where I think they sold for just under $60 or at least one of them did.

It sure would be great if John Walter would get a new one published. Heck, I'd love it if our library had a copy I could check out for a few weeks. Maybe I should just try to rent a copy! ;-)

Thanks Jim!