Thread: Can't post pictures all of a sudden

Blog Entries

Can't post pictures all of a sudden

Same camera, same settings, same upload process and now I'm getting an error saying the maximum size for a pic "of this type" is 1200 x 0!

Try logging out, clearing your SMC cookie, logging back in and then posting a photo here to test. Something is clearly amiss. I had an issue with this (briefly) awhile back and some cleanup helped fix whatever "bit got flipped".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    No can do. File size limit is 1200 x 0 for this file type which is jpg.

B

PM Keith to see if he can determine, with or without Aaron's help, what the issue is. In the mean time, if you have a place to park photos that allows embedding, you can at least insert them in your build thread that way until the upload works for you again. That's what I did when I was having the issue I mentioned until it cleared. It's not the preferred way to do it because if the remote host goes away (IE like the Photobucket debacle) the photos leave with it, but at least you can share what you want to share visually while further investigation happens.
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    PM Keith to see if he can determine, with or without Aaron's help, what the issue is. In the mean time, if you have a place to park photos that allows embedding, you can at least insert them in your build thread that way until the upload works for you again. That's what I did when I was having the issue I mentioned until it cleared. It's not the preferred way to do it because if the remote host goes away (IE like the Photobucket debacle) the photos leave with it, but at least you can share what you want to share visually while further investigation happens.
    Ok, thanks Jim! I will take a look at that, but I'll also try shrinking the pics a little and see if that helps.

B

Blog Entries

Shop cat

Ok, Bubbles volunteered to be a test subject....

20190111_103758.jpg

Blog Entries
    Huh....I just shrunk it a little bit and Bubbles appeared...

Bubbles is magic for sure... (not to mention cute and in a cat-appropriate box sitting occupation)
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Bubbles is magic for sure... (not to mention cute and in a cat-appropriate box sitting occupation)
    Bubbles the reluctant barn cat will be a regular (if uninvited) participant in my shop build. Charming in a nuisance kind of way.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes when the server is busy it seems to be more persnickety on processing larger file sizes of photos.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Word of the day: "persnickety"
    --