Thread: Another Festool RO90 question

Another Festool RO90 question

I just acquired a RO90 and was wondering if Festool makes(or if it's needed) a Protection NET
    for the Rotex series?

What is a Protection NET? I have used all of my Festool sanders including the RO90 right out the systainer for years with no issue.

Are you talking about the edge protector for the circular pad? If so it should have come with one. The part number is 497936. They also make a 3 piece "window protector set" with different offsets. https://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/....asp?pn=497936

If you are talking about Granat NET abrasives I don't think they make them in the round or Delta for the RO90.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-08-2019 at 6:07 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yep, I'm asking about the Granat NET pad protectors. I have one for my RTS400 as recommended by FT to protect the
    hook and loop pad from heat generated by the sanding action. I would assume that the RO90 generates a lot more
    heat than a RTS400, especially in rotex mode, so it would seem like a pad protector would be offered. Then again
    maybe they just want to sell more pads. Oh well, I did drink the green coolaid.

Van is correct , Festool doesn’t make net abrasives for the ro90.

Robert is correct that the ro90 generates more heat than the rts400, but the point is kinda moot given above.