Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The death of my shop snoopervisor.

The death of my shop snoopervisor.

Unfortunately, Sir Ellington Snodgrass III has passed away at the ripe old age of 20 years.

He's had a charmed life, early on the neighbourhood girls would ring the doorbell and ask if Ellington could come out.

He would come out for his fan club, hop in the baby carriage and come back a couple hours later smelling of sun tan lotion or baby powder.

He was also famous for befriending all animals and humans, and was often seen walking up the sidewalk with his friend the skunk, who he would meet on our patio around 8 every night.

He loved the shop, always wanted up on the bench to see what was happening, and then would often flake out in the bench tool tray, or under the lathe if I was turning.

Unfortunately I'm working in Virginia this week so Diann had to take him to the vet.

Here's a photo of him checking out the shaper setup.................Rod.

Ellington at Work.jpg

Blog Entries
    Pets fill a special place in our lives and each one is different. We have enjoyed all the animals that have shared their lives with us. As I write this our cat Buddy is checking my spelling and attempting to help write by walking on the keyboard.

We feel your loss.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Sorry for the loss of you shop buddy!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm sorry to hear that, Rod. My condolences.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Rod, your Sir Ellington Snodgrass III seems a mirror image to our Julian (after Trailer Park Boys character).
    I can't imagine a life without a black cat hunter,
    My condolences.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

My condolences - losing a pet is one of the hardest things to get over.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Rod. I had to put my buddy cat (Bernie) down about a week ago. The difficult part was that I had to make the decision about when.

Bernie wasn't as social as Sir Ellington but he trusted me.

Mike

Bernie 009.jpg
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I know the feeling. I have had to bury two black lab dogs. They both lived about 12 years and had a full life.

My daughter was working and an office associate had a female black lab and she is laying in the floor about six feet from me at this moment. She and I just returned from our daily morning 1/2 mile walk.

Years ago, I stopped at a pet store and they had female schnauzer pup. I fell for her and took her home. A short time later a male schnauzer dog was given to us. They produced a litter of nine pups. One day I had been out and was returning home and found here with all nine pups in the middle of the street . I stopped and picked them up and took them home. Cars were stopped and the drivers were smiling at the sight.

I think that if you lose a pet, get another. I wouldn't think of not having a dog. We also like and have had cats. We do not currently have one, but I would like another. And oh by the way, we had three horses at one time. Unfortunately, the barn and pastures are no longer available. I had a 16 hand buckskin gelding named Buck.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 01-08-2019 at 12:48 PM.

SIR Ellington looks like a fine fellow, Rod. Pets are such a Dear part of out life, but worth having, when weighing in the loss part factor. I think.

Blog Entries
    My condolences on your loss Rod.

We lost our best friend of over 20 years in 2018:

ßkittles Tounge.jpg

They love us as much as we love them.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

It's wonderful to read Ellington had 20 years to create such wonderful memories for you, your family and neighborhood friends. Those kids will have fond memories in their adult years of pushing such a tolerant (& amazing) cat around in a baby carriage.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Sad. Sorry for your loss.

Rod, Mike and Jim - I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your good friends.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I'm very sad for your loss, Ron. 20 years is a long time for sure...what a great life he had!!! RIP Sir Ellington Snodgrass III
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

So sorry. Keep the good thoughts alive.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.