Guess I'll fire up the 'hardware' section again--

Seems I lost the controller in my Triumph... A couple days ago I started getting 'communications error' after trying to upload some of these big wood engraving files I've been doing. I dumped the jobs from memory yesterday since I was wondering if the memory was full, and all was well. This morning I uploaded another large image file, no problem, but after it was done I wanted to edit the pic and run a second pass. Since then it won't take a job, any job. On the hope that I simply have a bad USB cable, I ordered some new cables from Amazon, which will be here tomorrow. Since both ends of the cable are USB males, and not a single other USB cable in this place is like that I needed at least one new cable just to troubleshoot. But I've since come to think the controller is bad, because:
(A) -Once I try to upload a file, which doesn't, the machine won't slew correctly, it slews in like 10-step 'chunks' every 1/2 second. Unplugging the USB cable results in no slew at all until I reboot the machine...
(B) it won't upload a stick file either-- the display says 'copying' but it doesn't. It either ends by beeping as if it's done, but there's no file loaded, or it says 'USB upload error'.

SO-- Since if fails to upload from either side I'm pretty sure the controller is toast. Or at least it's memory is gone (sound's too familiar)

Therefore, I either need to email Yolanda at Triumph and get a new one here-- which is all fine and dandy but it'll take a few days, if not weeks, OR, maybe find a closer one someplace...

This is the controller:
Tctrl.jpg

I have NO idea what brand it is, no name on it that I can find. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of who made the thing? I'd love to find one stateside...