Thread: Question for Computer Wizards Outlook 2007 inbox email delete

Question for Computer Wizards Outlook 2007 inbox email delete

Since the XP box decided to be unusable I moved up to the very modern windows 7 box. In that one a friend set up the email and I notice when I delete emails in the inbox instead of deleting them it leaves them there but puts a line through them. In the sent box if I delete they just delete. Dont get why and cant find a way to change that, DId the Google thing first and find nothing to do with the line through the email when you press delete. I just wont take the email out of the inbox. '

Reminds me of "im not dead yet" in Austin Powers or Monty Python.

I suspect that you are using IMAP settings for your email account, not POP3. Using IMAP, when you "delete" an email, it will put a red line through it and leave it in your inbox. To change this, try the instructions in this article

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...-being-deleted
    Last edited by Grant Wilkinson; 01-08-2019 at 9:21 AM.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Here is a link that seems to deal with the problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA- '71
    Captain USN(Ret)

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

will give it try later today. Not my thing understanding all of it and it was set up for me.

thanks on both
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 01-08-2019 at 12:03 PM.