Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

7 Jan 2019

Greetings,
    The bad news is that I start oncall duty this morning. Eh, such is life I guess. Started helping a friend of mine build a new desktop for his home computer desk. This will be the 2nd computer desktop that I have built him but he lost the 1st one in a tornado a few years ago and he lost his mother in the same tornado. He and I are making good progress on the new desktop. I finally got my new Rikon 1 HP bench grinder setup and the new CBN wheels installed and running true! I'm so excited about my new setup. I also added the Wolverine mounts and grinding accessories, so hopefully, I'll be good to go for many years to come!

The LOML and I are back on the weight loss fight, a never ending battle for me, and we hope to make some good progress this year as we work on this together.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this first week of 2019?

Best of weeks to you all!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

After a partial week back at work following the Christmas and New Year break, the family had one last Christmas gift exchange with dear friends on Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday afternoon involved taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations inside and outside the house. I managed a little shop time too, cutting the excess length off the stiles of the upper portion of my coffee station and working out the fit between it and the lower cabinet. I also took a little time to make a bottle opener with hardware I received for Christmas:
    Bottle Opener.jpg
    It's a fair first attempt, I suppose, for one who is still a novice at turning.
    Chuck Taylor

'Gotta "love" that on-call thing, Dennis! LOL

The first week was filled with odds and ends...working on the top for our new "rustic" kitchen table since the base was completed and working on a small job for a client who wanted the "wood" panels removed from two cabinet doors and replaced with glass. I also did a little design work on another CNC produced product that's been bouncing around in my mind. This week will be more of the same...complete the small job, get the table top glued up and take it to be sanded on a wide-belt before starting finishing, produce the sample for the CNC made "product" and maybe (finally) get started completing the remaining ceiling panel work in the shop. I bought the materials with 2018 funds, so it's time to do the actual work. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well, this last week has been kind of wide and varied.

I made small bracket to hang an oar in the newly decorated 'Maui Inspired' bedroom. That didn't work out so well in my fiancée's vision, so I had to redesign it, and I didn't like the way that that looked. So it is back to the drawing board. Might end up with just a board with two 'L' hooks on it...

Working on the next two versions of the Tantalus. The one out of cherry is going together fine. But the oak boards just do not want to cooperate. On the second resawing/planning, and some still do not want to stay flat. It is getting time to go back to the yard.

Then I also picked up the electrical supplies and started to wire up the basement remodel. Adding about 1000 sq. ft. of recreational areas. Have to figure out the existing four-way light circuit, so I can change it to multiple switches. ( I know how it should be wired, just have to determine how the electricians ran the wires.)

Got the first boards glued up for the table that I am building. So far happy. Sat at work I sharpened up a couple hand planes. I see them being used for the top to smooth it out.

IMG_0474.jpg

Provided the installation of the Christmas gifts for our adult children. Daughter, freshly out of college and renting a house, wanted a console type bookcase. And son and SO wanted a kitchen peninsula. I built both prior to Christmas and husband made a laminate top for the kitchen cabinets. Also, I started installing 2 piece crown in our dining room over the holidays and finished that up yesterday. Phew...I'm tire just thinking about it.