Thread: T-track types single vs double cut

T-track types single vs double cut

I need to roder some t-track and am seeing the double cut profile as in the Powertec brand and I recently used a piece of Shop Fox (red) which simply had one flat bottom instead of the double profile. After some futile searching, I decided to simply ask the community whether they find advantages / disadvantages. I plan to use 1/4-20 hex bolts for jig making. Thanks

If by "double cut" you mean there is a shallow channel on the bottom, that's to make it easier to recess the fasteners that hold the T-Track in place. Simpler ones may only have countersunk holes or you have to do that yourself. You need an appropriately narrow counter sink to do that without damaging the track, especially those intended for 1/4-20 hardware.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If by "double cut" you mean there is a shallow channel on the bottom, that's to make it easier to recess the fasteners that hold the T-Track in place. Simpler ones may only have countersunk holes or you have to do that yourself. You need an appropriately narrow counter sink to do that without damaging the track, especially those intended for 1/4-20 hardware.
    I appreciate the info.

I tend to use the "gold" colored tracks (I believe they are Woodpeckers version) because the extra recess on the bottom simplifies installation...you can put screws anywhere with ease and that's nice if you're working with varying lengths of the track.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...