Thread: Powermatic 1250 air filter

Powermatic 1250 air filter

http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/p/po...st-afs/1791331

Anybody have one of these? Looks pretty much perfect for what I want. Unfortunately their specs just state "down to 0.1 micron". No HEPA rating or percentage of 0.1um particles.

Any thoughts?

I guess nobody has dropped $700 on this yet

crickets.jpg

I built a box so I could put a 20" fan up high on the wall, then made a groove to put a 20x20 furnace filter behind it, so it would collect some dust. Quit using it when didn't seem like it did much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    I built a box so I could put a 20" fan up high on the wall, then made a groove to put a 20x20 furnace filter behind it, so it would collect some dust. Quit using it when didn't seem like it did much good.
    Yeah, I built one of those once too. Never could see that it did anything.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crawford View Post
    http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/p/po...st-afs/1791331

Anybody have one of these? Looks pretty much perfect for what I want. Unfortunately their specs just state "down to 0.1 micron". No HEPA rating or percentage of 0.1um particles.

Any thoughts?
    I bought one of these. It really excels for work where the existing dust collection solutions are mediocre (SCMS, stationary sanders, etc.) or where there are no such solutions at all, such as with hand sawing. You can move it to where the dust seems to be going, such as beneath the hand saw cut. Just take it outside and vacuum off the filter afterwards.

Is it expensive? Yes. But I do a lot of automotive work in my shop (which doubles as a 3-car garage) and I simply _can't_ do woodworking and automotive at the same time, w/o extensive cleanup, and even then after significant downtime to let things settle out. I had a guy pressuring me to test a new backsaw back in November, and I simply could not do that, because I was rebuilding a transmission at the time. This new filter seems to help.

Put a particle meter on that set up to see its effectiveness. I use successfully finer filters- merv 4, merv 9, merv 13. It is amazing how effective the system can be. I have 5 of them in my shop!