Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound out of snyc with video

Blog Entries

Sound out of snyc with video

I've watched a number of professional football games recently and noticed that the voices of the Fox Sports are slightly out of synchronization with the video when they show the announcer and commentator. It is annoying to watch. Has anyone else noticed this strange broadcasting issue? It has been going on for more than the play off games and is not apparent on the other networks.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Are the commercials ok?

Blog Entries
    Can't tell the rarely show people just talking while looking directly at the camera.

Maybe you are sitting too far from your new giant screen TV..... Light travels faster than sound

Blog Entries
    Some Bluetooth has a slight time delay. I think it's referred to as "latency". Are you listening with Bluetooth speakers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    Some Bluetooth has a slight time delay. I think it's referred to as "latency". Are you listening with Bluetooth speakers?
    No speaker problem, sound sync is perfect on other networks.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

There is a couple second delay on live broadcasts. Remember the Janet Jackson super bowl incident. The action on the field will almost never completely sync up.

The last time I had that problem, it was the TV getting "out of sync" with the sound source/destination. (I use fiber for sound connection to my media room A/V receiver) Resetting things fixed the issue.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The Yamaha theater sound system I've had for years has a setting to adjust sound-to-video sync. You can buy stand alone units too, but the typical problem is, they can only delay audio out to match the video; but if the video is AHEAD of the sound (which happens using bluetooth), there's no fix short of very expensive A/V processing equipment...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The last time I had that problem, it was the TV getting "out of sync" with the sound source/destination. (I use fiber for sound connection to my media room A/V receiver) Resetting things fixed the issue.
    It only happens on Fox Sports

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    The Yamaha theater sound system I've had for years has a setting to adjust sound-to-video sync. You can buy stand alone units too, but the typical problem is, they can only delay audio out to match the video; but if the video is AHEAD of the sound (which happens using bluetooth), there's no fix short of very expensive A/V processing equipment...
    It only happens on Fox Sports live broadcasts. Other network sports broadcasts don't have the problem.

Blog Entries
    It only happens on Fox Sports

I've had out-of-sync A/V several times over the years on who knows how many channels. Lately not so much, but then, I don't watch Fox sports --

It may just be a 'thing' with that particular channel- have you called your cable/dish provider? They may be able to expound on the problem... could be they're the cause too?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I agree with Bill. Glad I checked to see if some other scientist had already "sol-ved" the problem...Bill, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    - have you called your cable/dish provider? They may be able to expound on the problem... could be they're the cause too?
    This. They aren't infallible.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night