Thread: Mini Max L55 need picture inside of switch box

Mini Max L55 need picture inside of switch box

I bought it yesterday without trying it to run. Old guy was selling it, he closed his woodshop 10 years ago and all his tools were in shed and garage.
    I'm working on it today cleaning it up and when I open switch box there is one blue wire loose and some other part I don't know what it is.
    Can someone please take a picture or tell me where the blue wire goes and what the other part is for? It looks like spring taped with electrical tape. It was just laying inside the switch box.
    It's 3 phase motor.
    I appreciate any help.
    I'll try to post pictures later it won't let me do it right now for my phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jaromir Svoboda; 01-06-2019 at 3:01 PM.
    Jaromir

I have single phase L55 sander so I can't help you directly with electrical or the taped up part. But I'll hazard a guess... Do you have a push button on the top cover which you removed to find the loose wire and the spring? Or a push button somewhere on the box? There is a spring loaded button on top of mine for reset. If you have one, yours would be different because your machine is three phase and the electrical arrangements can be very different. I'm guessing the PO had trouble with the reset, broke the spring thingy and maybe bypassed a reset relay. All a guess! In the pictures you provided, I see the loose blue wire and I also see another similar size blue wire butt connected into a large brown wire. Hmmm.....??? Could this loose blue wire have be cut off from that blue wire butt connected to the big brown? A bypass?

These SCMI machines made by SAMCO. I've worked with a few SCMI and SAMCO stroke sanders. There is an emergency shut off cable that if you pulled it interrupts the power to a relay. You have to push this button to restore power to the relay. Even after a power failure you need to reset the relay. I've encountered the power failure issue a few times and I need to reset the relay each time.

This is all GUESS....
    Last edited by Bill Orbine; 01-07-2019 at 11:11 AM.

That’s some sort of DIY jumper, definitely not OEM. SCM Group Parts might be able to get you a diagram. Try Carissa Sanford there.

Erik

I plugged it in and it is working without blue wire. It's probably for emergency stop because it doesn't work.
    Thanks for your help.