Greetings all,

First, the gloat: I just picked up a JDS multi-router, complete with stand, mobile base, pneumatic hold downs and PC 6902 router - in perfect operating condition (except for the mobile base, which I have now corrected). Hold on to your hats......I drove 1 hr. and paid all of $500. Made a couple of test cuts, then used it to rebuild the Delta wood stringer base with loose tenons at the front butt joint. Perfection!

Now my question: I want to collect dust/chips from this machine as best I can. It seems to me that the simplest way to do so will be via a shop vac collecting from above the base. I can find no attachment for the PC router that will enable this. I do have a Bosch 1617 EVS that lives in my router table, and it appears as though one can get a dust collection attachment that replaces the chip deflector on this unit. Can anyone speak to the efficiency of this gizmo? As ahead of the $ game as I already am, I can see my way clear to buying another 1617 to dedicate to the JDS, if it will do what I want it to.

Or can anyone speak to the possibility of the Oneida universal gizmo in this application?

I understand that with the bit(s) exposed beyond the vertical table of the JDS, that the whole air flow equation changes, but at $15 to $35, I figure either might be worth a shot.

Or, alternatively, can anyone recommend another fixed base router with efficient above the base collection?

JDS owners: how do you deal with collection?

Looking forward to any and all suggestions, recommendations, solutions.

Thanks,

Bruce