Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with VFD for stroke sander

One more question: How do I turn sander on? Do I use switch on VFD or switch on sander? Do I leave switch on sander on all the time and use VFD switch?
    Thank you.
    Jaromir

You need to bypass/remove the switch on the sander. Nothing can be between the VFD and the sander motor. You need to use either the VFD's built-in on/off buttons, or rig up external on/off buttons that are connected to the dedicated terminals on the VFD provided expressly for the purpose of remote switches.

Blog Entries
    Jack's VFD can be configured with a cable to move the control panel to the machine. It is an ethernet cable -- simple to move.

An important part of the process is Jack's technical support. He has a guy who will walk you through everything -- looking at the wiring of your machine, suggesting exactly how to bypass the start switch, etc. My OES had a two speed motor, and it would've been challenging for me to know with certainty how to configure and wire the VFD.

I'm extremely pleased with the support that Jack provided and the product itself.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike King; 01-07-2019 at 8:36 AM.

Mike not to take anything away from Jack or the VFD he sells but mine came with an ethernet cable to do the same. I suspect some but not all will have that capability.

It looks too complicated. Sander does have power table lifting, so two switches. I probably will use rotary phase converter I have.
    I'm not really good with electrical work.

Ah, if the sander has anything other than a single, 3-phase motor, you're very wise to consider just using the RPC. It's possible the other motors are single-phase and could be connected up otherwise, but it gets complicated quickly.