Thread: Any Army vets here?

Any Army vets here?

Apparently none of his children wanted it, so I inherited an Army uniform from my late grandfather. I haven't had a chance to research the details yet, but I was told he was an MP sometime around WWII.

I thought about making a small display of the patches along with a picture of him in uniform. I don't have a military background, so I wanted to ask around first and make sure I didn't do something disrespectful to the uniform. What do you vets think?

Blog Entries
    There is nothing disrespectful about displaying patches and insignia from old uniforms. There are numerous examples of these types of displays just search for "military patch display". Including the photo would Honor your grandfather. Many people make cases for their patches and badges when they retire, some are made as gifts for retirees or family members.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-04-2019 at 5:47 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Great, thanks for the advice!

Its unpractical to display a whole uniform anyway. Look at the website for the company "Medals of America" for a catalog of military memorabilia, including shadow boxes and other display items. It will give you a good idea of how people like to set up and display their patches and ribbons, etc. That's a good w-wing project.

Army vet here - have at it. Nothing disrespectful at all. I'd love to see some pictures when you are done.

This is a link to a thread here that has 21 pages of Military Veterans, most have provided their service dates.

Attention: All Veterans