Thread: walker turner band saw

walker turner band saw

Hi everyone

I located a Walker Turner band saw for sale locally. They want $95.00 for it. Fair condition. Pic attached. Is it worth it? What should I look for when going to look at it.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd grab it in a heartbeat. If for nothing more than the cool looks.

You should be on the way to get it IF it meets your needs for a bandsaw. It looks like either a 10" or 12" from the BN/Driver line from the 1930s. Nice little saws for the size and at a fair price if it works.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Dude ...yes.Glad I did not find it or there would be another bandsaw following me home.

I fear OWWM rule #5 will rear its ugly head here if we don't hear from the OP soon.

OWWM Rule No. 5: In the time between finding a machine and asking others if you should buy it someone else will come to the proper conclusion.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I just saw it earlier today and yes I plan on getting it. Waiting for a email reply from him now. Thanks for the replies. I saw pictures and prices online and you can't beat the price.