Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new, CNC controlled sliding table saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    In the past I avoided visiting the Power Tool forum as I found it so intimidating. It still is intimidating! What intimidates me is that I assume many here are professional woodworkers, since the machinery on display - not just this thread - is Big and Expensive. Often Very Big and Very Expensive.
    Derek, the real mix of folks is very broad with the majority likely hobbyists. I personally only became "professional" (IE, working for money) recently. Yea, I do have some nice stuff in my shop, but that was because I had the opportunity and means a number of years ago (pre-kids) and knew I wouldn't be able to do the same post-retirement. I actually like the mix of folks who post. There is a lot to learn from everyone...even when a particular tool isn't in the cards for the reader, learning about it can be enriching.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for the information on how the machine works. It seems like it could be a real benefit to a production shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Derek, the real mix of folks is very broad with the majority likely hobbyists. I personally only became "professional" (IE, working for money) recently. Yea, I do have some nice stuff in my shop, but that was because I had the opportunity and means a number of years ago (pre-kids) and knew I wouldn't be able to do the same post-retirement. I actually like the mix of folks who post. There is a lot to learn from everyone...even when a particular tool isn't in the cards for the reader, learning about it can be enriching.
    This gets off topic of this thread, but imo is worthy of a different thread so will start one.

4. Whoa. Not only is that thing cool... but you have a ton of spotless space for it. I'm impressed by both.