Thread: Wife Bi-fold screen

Wife Bi-fold screen

My wife want me to first repair a set she had but they was made out of particule board and in pretty rough shape. So we went to Home Depot and got some 1"x3" select pine for the side pieces, 1"x6" for the top and bottom pieces and 1"x4" for the middle. The 3 panels are 70"x13".

I left all the boards the width they came in, cut the 1"x3"s to 70" long and the 6 pieces of 1"x6" I cut 7" long and rabbet 3 sides half the width of the board with 1/2" rabbets and the 1"x4"s I did all 4 sides the same way, fitted everything together with brads and glue and rub some dark walnut danish oil and attach the panels with the brass hinges off the old bi-fold screen.

The emblems and the furniture thumb tacks she got from hobby lobby and I attach them.

I cut some inserts to put into the spaces for her and she is decorating them right now. She wanted to be able to take them out and put them in with different designs.IMG_20190102_040832438.jpg

Looks good, the changeable panels will keep it interesting. Please post pics when panels are in.

Blog Entries
    Don't you love making things for SWMBO (she who must be obeyed).

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Don't you love making things for SWMBO (she who must be obeyed).
    LOL well there is a story there but some other time

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    Looks good, the changeable panels will keep it interesting. Please post pics when panels are in.
    I will I only have 1 set for each panel right now.

Nice job Marlin!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Sorry about the delay but here is the bi-fold screen with the panels my wife painted, later she wants me to cut some more panels where she can add removable designs.

IMG_20190113_173416678.jpg
    Last edited by marlin adams; 01-14-2019 at 5:35 PM.