Thread: Walnut server cabinet

Walnut server cabinet

First time posting a pic of my latest project. 29 W X 31 H X 28 D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Citerone; 01-01-2019 at 9:34 PM.

Love the big feet, it really grounds the peice. Having trouble seeing the top!
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    Love the big feet, it really grounds the peice. Having trouble seeing the top!
    Sorry for lack of top pics. I gave it as a gift and only had the one quick pic. I may be able to find a pic of the top before it was attached.

top.jpeg

Here is a pic of the top prior to the assmbly.

I agree the feet are pretty cool. Good looking walnut good looking piece.
    Aj

Top is splendid. Walnut is lovely to work with.
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Blog Entries
    Very nice cabinet. I really like the wood you selcected for the top.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Well someone got a nice Xmas present ! Looks awesome, Ron. I'd like to work with walnut someday.

Ron, nice grain with the walnut. Are those panels bookmatched? Did you resaw them yourself? Nice ogee bracket feet - did you use bandsaw or table saw? Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    Ron, nice grain with the walnut. Are those panels bookmatched? Did you resaw them yourself? Nice ogee bracket feet - did you use bandsaw or table saw? Well done!
    Hey Mark, thanks for your kind words! The panels are not bookmatched, but from the same board and not a glue up. I should have taken better pics, but when I took the pic I did not have in my mind that I would post it here, it was just a quick shot for a friend I used to work with.

I made the feet with a table saw and sanded the cove using a 2" PVC pipe with sand paper wrapped around it. The top curve was cut on an angle on the table saw followed by a block plane and then sandpaper on a block.

I have to give a shout out to Jake at Philadelphia Woodworks for his advice on how to make the jig/fixture out of a piece of 3/4" baltic plywood cut to the size of my portable Dewalt table saw. Now I can use it to repeat the ogee pattern which I plan to do going forward.