Thread: Sawstop with INCRA fence system

Sawstop with INCRA fence system

Looking for recommendations for which Sawstop to purchase that would work best with the INCRA system? Professional model or Contractor. Motor size? Planning to add router attachment to table. Space may be a problem. What say you?

I think the sawstop saws use a larger table than the older Delta and powermatic saws. So long as the fence will fit should work with any of the sawstop products.

Motor size: do you have 220v? If you do, I would opt for the 3 HP PCS.

Space: my SWAG (Scientific Wild Arsed Guess) is how much space do/will you have? Measure how much space you have or will have available.

Determine how wide the saw will be with the router table attached on either side. The SawStop on line manuals have the measurements for the footprints of the various SawStop saws and router table.

Then decide on which INCRA fence will fit in the space. Don’t forget the extension arm holding the fence will need room to the right to move the fence in that direction. Check the INCRA on-line manuals for space needed.

I have the SawStop PCS 175. Only had 110V when I bought it. I'm swapping out the necessary parts to convert it to 220v/3HP in the next couple of weeks now I have a 220V supply.

I have the 36" setup and recently upgraded my fence system to the Incra and put a router table in the right end of the table system.

If you are tight on space, be aware that the Incra LS Positioner will extend to the right of the table at 20" when the fence is at 30"+.

I've been happy with the Incra system, although I've only had it a few months. The Incra mounting system is fairly generic and adjustable, so mounting on other saws should be pretty easy.

Sorry, don't have any better pictures currently.

Using an Incra fence on a saw with the motor sticking out the back may not work well (didn't for me). I have a Ridgid 3650, but I can only bevel to about 30 degrees since the motor bracket rotates up and hits the rail. Just picked up a PCS off Craigslist, plan to move my fence to it if I can ever find the time to clean it up and use it.

Which SawStop to get really isn't related to the Incra system IMO. No matter what a cabinet saw is always going to be nicer/better than a contractor saw. And personally I would suggest trying either saw without the Incra first and see how you like it. The T-Glide fence really is very nice and I have yet to feel I really need anything better.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Ben Rivel is onto something. I run a 3 HP ICS with the T-glide and feel no need to "upgrade" or change the fence. I just wish that the Saw Stop fences had a high and low provision like the Uni-fence that was on my ol' Uni-saw.

I'll agree, the SawStop fence for me was very good. It worked for me, very well, for 3 years.

What made me switch to the Incra was the repeatability when setting the fence, not a huge advantage, but a nice upgrade after using the saw for a few years.

If there are other tools that you plan to purchase in the near future, I'd definitely use the money for those tools before buying the Incra fence system.

Thanks for all of the information. Will do more research on space available vs. what is required for a particular setup. Will probably opt. for 3HP. I am an old guy spending my kids inheritance. Unfortunately, I like nice toys with lots of technology. This can get expensive in a hurry. Plan to attend Woodworking show in MD. this weekend to catch up on the latest and greatest.

Jon