Thread: Sawstop with INCRA fence system

Sawstop with INCRA fence system

Looking for recommendations for which Sawstop to purchase that would work best with the INCRA system? Professional model or Contractor. Motor size? Planning to add router attachment to table. Space may be a problem. What say you?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wyatt View Post
    Looking for recommendations for which Sawstop to purchase that would work best with the INCRA system? Professional model or Contractor. Motor size? Planning to add router attachment to table. Space may be a problem. What say you?
    I just bought a PCS with the 1.75hp motor. It's great. I got the 36" T Glide fence and the industrial mobile base. The base and conversion are really expensive for what they are, but work well. The saw is fantastic and I really like the fence. I would recommend that fence unless you have some other special needs.

I put the INCRA fence on my Ridgid T3650 ( a contractor style saw). With the outboard motor, I am not able to fully rotate the blade to 45*. The motor mounting plate runs into the back rail. I'm pretty sure I could clip the corner of the plate to allow a full 45* bevel cut if I ever need to do that. Anyway, something to consider.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Duplicate thread: LINK

My post there:

Which SawStop to get really isn't related to the Incra system IMO. No matter what a cabinet saw is always going to be nicer/better than a contractor saw. And personally I would suggest trying either saw without the Incra first and see how you like it. The T-Glide fence really is very nice and I have yet to feel I really need anything better.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!