Thread: My New Year's resolution

My New Year's resolution

My New Year's resolution......I resolve to wait at least 5 minutes from the time I write a response to something I see online to the actual time I hit the send key to post it.....
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

While I didn't resolve to do it over the last year I have become at least 10 times more likely to stop mid-post or just after finishing one to either close the window or back out of the reply section. You might find this interesting when I do that I often go do a quick 30 mins on the trainer, it clears my mind and frees up that excess energy. As a result, I have put more miles in on the trainer in the last year than any year since my 20s.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I have become at least 10 times more likely to stop mid-post or just after finishing one to either close the window or back out of the reply section
    +1 - I learned years ago that's the best way to handle any reply you want to make when you're either loaded - PO'ed - or both ! .

Recently, I've been typing this long response to a simple question - getting to the end of it - - getting up from the chair to make myself a cup of coffee & hit the bathroom to get rid of the last cup I had .
    When I return to the computer, I look at the post and 99 out of 100 times, I just hit the backspace and back out of the reply....I figure the vast majority of those long winded posts go unread. I know I skip over a lot of them.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

About 50 years ago I resolved to quit making New Year's resolutions. I haven't failed yet!

I resolved to go to bed before midnight every night in the new year. That didn't last very long.