Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Selling minimax slider for sawstop

This idea is way out there for most folks, but if you can swing it, having both a slider and a conventional US-style cabinet saw in your shop would cover all your bases. I am only a serious part-time cabinet maker/woodworker, but I regularly use both on some projects. I could not see getting rid of my slider for a conventional saw.

nothing far out there about that. I cut up some cross grain vynl flooring strips for a friend last night to 3/16" wide. It was simple and easy on a cabinet saw, cut like butter and clean and smooth with a piece of ply on top of the table for the it to run on. 10" general saw standing position for all of it comfortable and easy. better to have a splitter but tons of years on the saw a push stick and it worked perfectly.

As a counterpoint to this thread, yesterday an acquaintance sold his less than year old Sawstop to buy a slider. He did not elaborate but mentioned that the SS as nice as it was had too many problems.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I sold a Sawstop ICS which I loved 10 years ago and switched to a slider. I can't imagine not having a slider now. The perfection of the cut when the stock is clamped to the table is unbelievable. Just today I was cutting mitered moldings on stock 5" tall and 1" thick. The parts had a 45 on one end and a 62.5 on the other end. Each piece was 7/8" long. I made a quick jig which I clamped to the slider and cutting those tiny pieces precisely easy and safe. I use air clamps and Brian Lamb's parallel cutting jigs so I can use the slider whenever possible to rip.