Thread: Hammer A3-31 tables

Hammer A3-31 tables

Hi all

I spent the morning scrubbing my a3-31 tables with a random orbital and scotch brite pad + simple green, and then cleaned them with mineral spirits when done.

This was the first time since receiving (originally just wiped the grease off) from the factory and I’m much happier with their glide now.

Afterwards I noticed that the left table has a noticeable amount of more friction than the right. This remains true after applying glide coat. It is much better than pre deep cleaning session.

Is this by design? Or is it luck of the draw or am I missing something all together?

Regardless I am much happier with the machines performance now.

Thank you.

Mine is the same way for some reason. Left table is more grabby. Not sure why but it certainly isn’t polished on either side. I’m just waxing mine regularly which helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Mine is the same way for some reason. Left table is more grabby. Not sure why but it certainly isn’t polished on either side. I’m just waxing mine regularly which helps.
    Thanks. Nice to know I’m not imagining it. Maybe the engineers decided the right side needed to be slicker since the force is typically applied on the left side. Maybe it’s luck of the draw. Maybe the left has a different QC tolerance.