Thread: Woodwork Magazine

Blog Entries

Woodwork Magazine

I have a December 2004 issue. Did the magazine cease publishing or become another magazine?

I think Woodwork Magazine ceased in 2014. There is a compilation DVD for sale on the Popular Woodworking site, as well as Amazon. I think Woodwork Magazine was owned by American Woodworker because that compilation is listed on Amazon as being published by American Woodworker in 2014. American Woodworker subscribers were merged into Popular Woodworking in late 2014. There's been a lot of consolidation in the woodworking magazine space in the last 4 years.

https://www.popularwoodworking.com/p...k-mag-comp-cd/
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Poplar Woodworking killed the magazine after 16 issues. Shame because it was a very good hand tool magazine. Get the the DVD like Brian mentioned, it is well worth it for the techniques in the 16 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Boumenot View Post
    Shame because it was a very good hand tool magazine. Get the the DVD like Brian mentioned, it is well worth it for the techniques in the 16 issues.
    I have the DVD. I agree it's a good magazine.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Boumenot View Post
    Poplar Woodworking killed the magazine after 16 issues. Shame because it was a very good hand tool magazine. Get the the DVD like Brian mentioned, it is well worth it for the techniques in the 16 issues.
    Woodwork Magazine ran for 26 years, 1989-2014. PWW is advertizing the compilation as for all 26 years.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Ralph, excuse me but I think you are confusing "woodworking" the Chris Schwarz no advertising magazine with "woodwork" a magazine that ran from 1989 to 2014.
    "woodworking" only had 16 issues total, spring 2004 to winter 2009. "Woodwork" was a normal style magazine that lasted much longer.
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

You are right on Mike. I checked my DVD and saw the title right away. At least the brain bucket retained that there were only 16 issues.