Thread: Feature Ring Playground

Feature Ring Playground

11" x 6" vessel of Makore and hard Maple.. What is to like and what is not? Put your thoughts forth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

I like it a lot and it looks great the way it is. My only suggestion would be to move the Maple band up one ring. I think it would give it more balance.
    But then again, i've never turned a segmented vessel so what do I know.

Allan,
    First and foremost I think you did a magnificent job. And, really, nothing wrong with it the way it sits. The matches on the feature ring are perfect and not easy to do. You should be very proud of the result. I've only made one segmented bowl which I refer to as my first and my last given the time it took. But since you asked I think Daryl makes a good point re the location of the feature ring. And a repeat of the pattern would be spectacular. But I repeat - great job the way it is. Cheers, Dave

There are four matching patterns in the feature ring. If the ring were higher the patterns would look different. The upper half is taller than intended distorting the form which was none to good to start with . To sum it up, lousy form kills it for me. The maker, Allan. Still, further comment welcome. Like it hate it?
    C&C WELCOME