Thread: Christmas light mounting clips

Christmas light mounting clips

I used these widgets many years ago for mounting speaker wire to baseboards, but have no idea where I got them. I wanted to use them this year to hang strands of exterior Christmas lights, but only had a half-dozen or so left. Does anyone know what they're called or a source for them? (And before anyone says "Lincoln-head penny", that's just there for scale. )
    P1090371.jpg
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

As usually happens, I trip over something while looking for something else completely different. Turns out the magic word in the search is "staples" (as opposed to clips or clamps), even though they really aren't staples by any definition I've ever seen. Thanks anyway, here it is if anyone else needs them:
    https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bende.../dp/B003B43JJ6
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

My neighbor uses command adhesive hooks that he can remove after the holidays. I found transparent plastic gutter hooks that clip to the edge of standard rain gutters and hold the lights. No nails to leave holes or sticky stuff. Got 100 at hobby lobby for about $4. When my daughter was three, Mrs. wanted me to put up lights. It was the first for me. I put lights up using binder clips from the stationery store and clipped the lights to the edge of the gutter. Took em down a month later before they started to rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    My neighbor uses command adhesive hooks that he can remove after the holidays. I found transparent plastic gutter hooks that clip to the edge of standard rain gutters and hold the lights. No nails to leave holes or sticky stuff.
    The ones I've seen wouldn't work on my roof configuration. I'm running the lights along the back side of a 2x8 facia board (open soffit), so I need nail-in. I used a coax staple gun this year and just cut the staples to get them down, but I think this will work better as a (semi-)permanent setup.
    Thanks anyway.